Monday, January 9, 2017

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday all. Not much happened over the weekend I'm afraid. We're kind of, mostly, stuck inside due to the Atmospheric River. Of course I wouldn't trade the nonstop rain for the ridiculous snowstorms much of the rest of the country is dealing with. Either way, we're stuck inside, but at least we're not freezing. There was much reading and some cleaning and planning for more cleaning. I did get some knotting time though.

I finished a section of spiral, ten rounds wide. I tend to like round numbers when I work. I'm not sure if that would be in line with traditional creation methods for Armenian lace, but it's one of my go-to design plans. Well that and threes, I love threes. I started the next section with large loops and will likely go to basket stitch from there. I think this one will be one of the larger sized ones so it'll still be some time before I've got it complete.

I do want to take some time to get couple of things remade for the shop and it's also the time of year do get the books done for my shop. It was a pretty dismal sales year, but on the positive side, that means I'll owe fewer taxes. There's also that planned cleaning I mentioned scheduled for this week. So lace or no lace, I'll be pretty busy much of the week I think. So, here's to a productive week ahead.

No comments: