Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Day 2

I used my first Monday of the year to read and I read a lot. I finished up one novel and got over halfway through Leviathan Wakes, the first book in the Expanse series. I got the first three of those as Christmas gifts and since I can't read a paper book while I walk on the treadmill, I'll start another kindle book this morning as well. Reading is never a bad way to start a year, right?

I did get a photo of the doily I'm making up for my brother. I'm doing it in black because that was what was requested. I didn't work on it much because reading a paper book and knotting isn't very easy either and I promised myself I could read the day away. I'll try to get back to it more his week.

Today it's back to the routine though. There's schooling for the kids and as it's the end of the semester very soon, there's a lot of things that need doing for that. The husband is also back to work and the house really needs a bit of a kick, though that might wait until the schooling stuff has wound back down a bit. I don't really bother much with resolutions as such, but it's a new year and I'm going to try to make it better than the last one.

1 comment:

Jeff Hamilton said...

Hey, I got the Leviathan Wakes book too! Mind you, it was offered for free from several ebook companies for a while(I use a Kobo reader). Haven't read it yet though, but it looked interesting. Doily is looking good. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.