Monday, November 14, 2016

Weekend Recap

The weekend started with dinner out of town for three family birthdays and it was lovely to get away for just a spell. The rest of the weekend was pretty normal and fairly uneventful.

I told you last week that I finished my crochet project, so here's a particularly bad picture of it. It is probably the single most comfortable thing I have ever made to wear. The amount of cozy this cocoon is, is incredible. My only regret is that the yarn I used sheds a bit. I'm hoping after a couple of washings I can stop worrying about wool fibers adding themselves to the already collected cat fur on all my clothing.

I also spent a little time yesterday tatting and knotting together. I was trying to come up with a snowflake-like design using both techniques. I forgot to take a finished picture, this is it on progress. I finished with little triangle peaks. Yeah, sorry, that's a horrible description. I'll get a photo today to make that make sense.

I like the finished piece okay, but I think I'm going to have another go at it, maybe using beads on the long bare threads between peaks. That will also give it a little weight, but I don't know if it'll hold it's shape when hanging if I do add beads. Hmm, I guess it'll be an experiment then. Here's hoping it's not a complete waste of time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.