Thursday, September 8, 2016

Sleeping In

I actually got to sleep in until my alarm went off this morning. Sorry, but this is out of the ordinary. Usually a certain black cat meows until I get up and he's been doing this starting at, oh 3:30 or so, for quite some time. I guess I just wanted to take a moment to enjoy the extra sleep I just got before I launch into my usual recap of the day before. Okay, I'm over it.

I went back and forth between the doily and the knitting project to keep my mind working. I can't afford to mentally check out right now because schooling the kids is requiring much more attention. I suppose that's why the progress on the doily is so slight today. I have managed to continue making it quite different from the others. In fact I actually have no idea what I'm doing with the next section. I'm just going to let the lace tell me what it wants to be and hope it doesn't want to be a tangled mess.

I also woke up today to a small tatting order that needs to be made, so I get to change my focus for a little while today at least. It's just a ring, so I'll have it done quickly, but I'm certainly glad of the order regardless. Here's to it being the first of many.

No comments: