Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Knotting

Lots of reading and lots of knotting yesterday. I've gotten about 30.5 inches across done which is 78 centimeters, and that sounds better. While it looks pretty laying out in a flat circle, I thought maybe I'd show you what it looks like as I work on it. It lays across my legs, all the way to my ankles while I'm knotting. It just seems bigger to me somehow when you see something else in the photo to give it a sense of scale.

Today is likely to be a repeat of yesterday unless the shop gets roused by a sale or something. I've started to think about designing something new, but I feel like I've made so very many different bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and pendants. It feels a little like, oh, another one, how not original of me. I fear I don't actually have anymore 'original' left in me. Here's hoping that I'm wrong and something will come to me eventually.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Totusmel,
I have been reading your blog for a long time. I love your work, you inspired me in my early days of learning tatting. I always love your new designs and admire your work and skill :) And the new type of lace is fantastic!
I just thought you needed to hear a few nice words, because this post seemed a bit... sad, I think. Lots of love :)

Madtatter80 said...

I think this is turning into a tablecloth wow! The big question here is when does a doily become a tablecloth? ;)