Friday, April 8, 2016

So Slow

Yep, it was just knotting and reading yesterday. I got a couple more rounds done on the tablecloth, but it's growing so very slowly now. I fear I need to get another project going to give myself a sense of accomplishment. The Armenian lace was doing that just fine when it grew at least an inch a day. Now it's got to be like a quarter of an inch and that doesn't give me a sense that I did anything at all. It's like the lace is just teasing me now.

Let's see, what else? Oh, we caught the mourning doves changing places on their nest, so I snapped a picture of the eggs in the the nest. We're just a few days away from them hatching. So that's interesting. We also had a bee get in the house and buzz against the windows in our living room. The windows that are about 15 feet up and impossible to reach without an extending pole. We eventually got it out after injuring it with said pole with a fluffy dust attachment on it. Yes, it was as fun as it sounds.

It's still quiet on the shop front and we've got no huge plans for the weekend, so perhaps I'll come up with something new to make, or maybe I'll just read and knot some more. At this point I'm really just hoping something interesting happens and surprises me with new work over the weekend. I mean, that may not be likely, but it's possible.

No comments: