Thursday, January 21, 2016

Red and Blue

While the sun did come out yesterday, I was unfortunately out of the house at the time, thus no listings of the star necklaces yet. We were on a tour of UC Merced as an outing with the kids school. We'd been out there years ago when it opened, but it's been around for 11 years now, so things have gotten quite a bit bigger and better. Our kids are really too young to much care about what the guide shared about 'campus life', but it was still pretty out there.

When we were home I managed to get two more star necklaces completed. The picture of the blue one doesn't really captures the turquoise and teal threads in the middle accurately, but you get the basic idea. The fiery colored one doesn't quite look like itself either. The outer round is true red, but it appears more orange here to me.

I still want to do one in purples, so I'll start that this morning and if the sun graces us with its presence then I'll try to get photos with my 'real' camera so the colors are more accurate. The rain is suppose to be back tomorrow, so I hope we do get a little sun first. I'd really like to see if people like these enough that they actually sell. I'm crossing my fingers now.

3 comments:

Denise - Jewelry By Denise said...

I really LOVE these!! I'd also love the pattern for these!! ;) I know you're not a fan of writing patterns out but I'm hoping you would consider it. I even volunteer to test tat! :)

Madtatter80 said...

They are beautiful and purples will be nice too!

Claire said...

I really like those colorful versions of your star necklace.
I agree that it will be awesome in purples.