Friday, September 25, 2015

Tiny Bags


I started yesterday trying to create a pouch shape in Armenian lace. I wasn't failing too badly, but it definitely wasn't an overwhelming success either. There was a lot of guesswork and I was starting to worry about how I was going to attach the tatting at the end of the knot work. I was also having questions about the best way to add the tassel in the end as well. I went round and round anyway.

It was about this time that I got a single comment on yesterday's post suggesting that I simply make two of them and stitch them together(Thanks MadTatter80). Sure, I had thought of that before, but figured it would look bad done that way. I suppose the comment came at just the right time. I was certainly doubting the success of my current attempt, so I figured, why not give it a go.

It seems to have worked out better that I thought it would, though it definitely looks different than the one from yesterday, mostly because the tatting goes all the way around. After this picture I did get a long crochet cord made up and wove it though the top, so that it could be gathered on top. It looks much better when it's not, but either way it's done. I half think I would actually make a réticule handbag, but that would be a fair bit more work, so maybe when I've run out of things to make. Though, yes that's sort of true right now. Oh, who knows what I'll get up to when my hands get itchy to make something later today.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Hey that's me :) I love them both, and then I'll keep going.... sense the bag is too tiny to close with gathering make a tiny triangle at the top like an envelope purse and a pretty black bead to close? ( I may have gone too far for a tooth fairy purse ) I think is would look good as is around the neck as is.
As for the top bag make the tassel, and then place a bead in the bag that is bigger than the hole at bottom, attach tassel while bead in bag, You know what I mean? Love your lace we are having fun watching you work this new style, I have tried, and mine looks very bad might post it anyway :)