Friday, October 17, 2014

Argh

If I was bad earlier in the week, I was much worse yesterday. I did nothing of consequence, not a damn thing. Well that's not entirely true, I did spend the morning homeschooling the kids, so I suppose that counts as something worth doing, but after that, nothing. I didn't pick up a tatting needle at all and while I tried to start an embroidery project, I stopped and undid it after just a few stitches as I quickly realized that it was not going to work like I hoped and would be an utter mess instead.

So what did I do with my day? Not much else and it put me in a bad mood which was only exacerbated by an uncharacteristically clingy child who wouldn't leave my side all day. Don't get me wrong I love my kids and being around them all day, but sometimes I need a just little space in order to create. Having every step watched so closely kills my creativity dead.

So here's to a turnaround today and over the weekend. Here's to sales in my shop, ideas in my head and just enough time and space to bring them to life. Here's to something, anything interesting and surprising.

No comments: