Friday, June 13, 2014

A Necklace

I had an idea early in the morning. When it first formed, it was quite elaborate and as is usually the case, reality scaled it back down to doable. It started, as most have recently, with the Woven Rose motif. Of course it was pointed out that it looks a bit more like a chrysanthemum than a rose, but since I require spell check to get that word to come out of my keyboard correctly, I think I'll stick with the rose, even if they are probably right. I decided to use three colors again. These are the medium and dark charcoal Lizbeth shades with a black outline.

I added the smaller version of the motif to the outside to start forming the necklace. After two on each side, I decided that continuing in this manner would take days, so I opted to finish the piece with metal chains and an adjustable clasp. Of course you can't see any of that in the quick photo I took yesterday upon finishing. Hopefully I'll summon the energy to get it properly photographed and listed today. I'm not feeling very photogenic lately, so there is definitely a chance that I'll procrastinate. There doesn't seem to be a big scramble for the piece either, so I guess it really won't matter if it takes a couple of days to get into the shop. Ah, the lazy is hitting early today.

I don't have any orders to work on today either, so I'm not sure what I'm going to use this last day of my self imposed vacation for. I wanted to give the kids at least one week of laxly supervised mischief, but I think it's me that needs the schedule to function. Well, okay, they need it as well, but I am bad at being idle. Next week should be more organized at the very least. Yep, looking forward to it.

No comments: