Thursday, October 24, 2013

New

It was another lovely, busy day and oh, so filled with routine. I did schooling followed by some tatting, lunch followed by some more tatting. I watched shows on the dvr and just kept right on tatting. I did eventually get a little tired of tatting, probably because it's been awhile since I had so much time for it in a row. So the last bit of the evening was mindless computer and game time. I feel quite rested.

One of the things I was working on yesterday was the matching jewelry set I mentioned yesterday. The necklace there is meant to match a pair of earrings. As you can see, I never got around to getting the hardware on the pieces, so that's today's task. The bracelet was meant to be an existing design, but since the customer needed it longer, I took the opportunity to redesign it from the ground up. Sometimes I just get so stubborn about a design and I keep making it the same way even though I know I could probably make it better.

When that happens I eventually get frustrated and let the piece expire out of the store and generally it stays that way. Since someone actually asked for a matching piece, it was my excuse to bring it back from the dead and make it better. I changed the join locations as well as some stitch counts and now it's longer and I think better looking. In fact I should really make another and get it listed in the shop. I'm not sure about the necklace though. While it matches exactly like the customer requested, I probably wouldn't have made it otherwise, it's just...I don't know, not me, but I did just get an idea I might try out.

So today, it's finishing up this order and apparently making another bracelet to list. Then I still have one last mask I want to remake. That should keep me busy for at least one more day. So hopefully something interesting will come along to take care of tomorrow.

No comments: