Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Neutral

I have just woken up to the second worst feedback in my shop one can receive, the neutral. Well, that put me in a mood. I've gotten one before when a package was shipped overseas and went through customs with one fewer piece that it started. I was blameless, but I also cannot blame them for the feedback as they never got that piece. This one is a bit more annoying as I feel it is unfounded. I suppose I should just be glad it wasn't a negative since those affect ones feedback rating and I have tried so hard never to get one of those. The feedback states that the bracelet was too small because they wear a 7" bracelet, which would be a valid complaint except that the listing clearly describes the bracelet as being 6", so it was never going to fit...if they had read the fairly short description.

I often remake my pieces to fit custom sizes, this one however is one made of motifs and those can only really change by adding or subtracting one, so I couldn't even offer to make it a better size for them. I offered an exchange or refund this morning, but I do so wish people would contact the seller before leaving feedback for something that would almost certainly be fixed had it been brought to ones attention. I also wish that it were possible to reply directly to feedback like this, but you can't and I've made my effort, so it that neutral doesn't disappear, I at least hope that some more people will actually leave feedback for their purchases to bury it amongst them, so few people do. So if you're reading this and you bought something you like from me, a piece or a pattern, over the last 6 months, please go leave your feedback. Of course if you didn't like it, you don't need to bother, but you could have messaged me and I would have made it better!

Well now that that is out of my system, yesterday was a fairly boring, quiet day. I worked on remaking and then playing with the new motif just a bit because of some kind comments here. I tried it with two colors just to see how it would play. I'm also now thinking it would look cute hanging from the corners as a square as well as a diamond. I don't know when I'll make a decision and get it listed though...starting the day annoyed does not bode well for my productivity.

I will try to get back to work and get the motif listed as well as some more pieces remade, but I will likely dwell on the mornings issue until I get some sort of response from the customer. I let things bother me far more than I let on, but I can usually let it go once I have done all that I can, eventually anyway.

2 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

I could only nod to myself when reading your post today. Although I don't sell on Etsy, I do sell on Ebay and the same applies for feedback.
People are just so unthinking and bolshy sometimes and I don't think they realise how the feedback affects sales.
After all that, I love your site and so admire your designs. I started out needle tatting and am now having a go at the shuttle.
Thanks for a lovey blog.
There, I hope that's gone a little way to cheering you up.
Hugs
Briony
x
www.crafty-cats-corner.blogspot.com

StringyDogs said...

People can be so frustrating!