Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Whew

Well it wasn't as busy a sale day as it had been in the past as far as the sale motif goes anyway. Maybe I didn't try hard enough to come up with a motif that people just "had" to own. The saddest part though is that everyone who bought a motif had already shopped with me before meaning I didn't get any converts that way. On the plus side the pattern sales were okay and I sold quite a few of those to new customers. So I guess I convinced more people to create and changed fewer into consumers. Either way I do still have a lot of work to do today. I still have a handful of motifs left to make as well as a few other pieces that sold as well.

I got the strangest disconnected feeling as I sold patterns yesterday though. It was the first time I sold any under the new instant download method which meant I didn't have to do a thing. On one hand that's great, I get the sale notification and my job is over, but I am so used to fulfilling orders and messaging customers which makes me connect to them at least a little bit. This is much less personal. I suppose it's a good thing I don't have too many patterns to sell then. I really do like to get a sense of my customers and that's a bit difficult with no contact.

Tomorrow is the youngest child's birthday so basically I have today to wrap up the motif sale pieces to get everything in the mail by Wednesday morning. After that's done I have a custom order I'm working on followed by remaking the other pieces that sold yesterday since I think I got a few payday orders. Those will probably have to wait until Thursday and beyond. Then there's all the house cleaning I'll need to do in anticipation of having family over for the birthday party this weekend. I really should stop writing all this out in the morning. Just reading it makes me tired.

Before I forget though, Thanks to everyone that bought a pattern or motif or shared the deal yesterday. It may not have been my most successful Tatting Day event eve , but I certainly appreciate every little bit! Now that this is out of the way I can start to think about designing again soon...not sure when of course, but soon.

No comments: