Friday, April 26, 2013

The Injury

I managed to acquire myself a nice injury yesterday morning. Now, for most people this wouldn't have been a big deal at all, in fact it is the epitome of minor. During schooling I was pulling a worksheet out of the child's math book when I received a nasty, bleeding paper cut right across the cuticle of my left index finger. Why am I telling you this? It's a silly paper cut right? Put a band-aid on it and move on. Well, I did put a band-aid on it and became a handicap tatter for the day. Have you ever tried to needle tat with a band-aid on? It's cumbersome to say the least.

Right after schooling I decided that I needed to finish remaking the necklace I was working on so I tried and I finished it...hours later. Every loop of the thread had to be bigger to clear the bandage and the thread would snag half the time anyway. Then I would have to run the needle close, but not too close, again snagging the bandage with the needle, poking myself in the injured spot and generally having a bad go of it. Sure in the wide scheme of things, this was nothing, but it certainly slowed my day to a crawl and when I was finally finished with that necklace I happily dropped the needle for the rest of the day. The finger looks to be healed enough for liquid bandage today, so it was just a one day ruining ouchy.

There will be no tatting today either as we adventure to the coast for the day. It's the same adventure we always take, so there is literally no stress in the day. We go, enjoy, and return, only wishing we could have spent more time there. The rest of the weekend contains just one challenging task and the rest should be mild as well. So please go forth and enjoy your weekend when it starts. I hope to come back refreshed from mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Uhh... I can feel your pain actually. Hope you are going to heal fast.