Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lock Stitch

It was quite a day yesterday. It was busy, productive and fun and relaxing though I'm still a little tired from all of it. First thing I managed to do yesterday after schooling the kids was get the lock stitch video filmed and posted.Yes, you heard that right, I actually did that. It's posted on YouTube and Instructables and of course right here.

It's really rather short, but I think it does what it needs to. Never mind that it took like an hour of babbling to myself just to end up with a two minute clip. I thought about waiting to post it with all the other pieces of the petals pattern puzzle on Monday, but I really needed the feeling of accomplishment that can only come from putting something finished into the world and getting any kind of feedback at all. The initial small flurry of views and comments were all I needed to feel justified in my effort.

After that I had my nieces and nephews to babysit for the afternoon, so I didn't get much else done. I was far too busy monitoring the playing and nonsense that only occurs when extra kids are about. It wasn't a bad afternoon, just chaotic. I did get a couple of interesting emails that may result in extra work, but it's too soon to tell.

The evening was rounded out with dinner out with friends, which I do honestly wish we could do more often because it makes me feel like an adult and because it allows me to actually talk to other grown-ups I'm not related to and because my friends are terribly awesome with ridiculous stories.

So that brings us to today's tasks. I woke this morning to the sale of some ankle corsets, so I have ready made tatting tasks in their remaking that will take me at least the day if not a few. Oh, it's definitely going to be a few days on those which I can deal with. Crazy as this week has been and next week is going to be, I'm feeling pretty good about all of it.

4 comments:

rsmre said...

Thank you for the needle tatted lock chain video. It's like the Easter Bunny came early. Wishing you and your family a Blessed Easter.
Rosemarie

rsmre said...

Thank you for the needle tatted lock chain video. It's like the Easter Bunny came early. Wishing you and your family a Blessed Easter.
Rosemarie

JQ said...

Thank you for this! I am very new to tatting, and still figuring out the basics but this will come in handy. I like that it is brief and to the point. Your ankle corsets are beautiful OMG.
Happy Easter! Hope you have a great weekend!

sammysgrammy said...

I'm addicted to all things "needlework" but could never master tatting and so sad about that because I think it's the most beautiful and delicate form. Therefore, thank you, thank you, thank you. Saving this somehow and will be back for more.