Friday, June 8, 2012

It's Finished

I remember thinking, when we bought our house, that it would be nice to be able to host all the family events. Now I keep thinking that if I have to clean the house for company one more time I'm gonna scream. I think you can guess what I did a lot of yesterday. Yes, I cleaned. I also weeded the yards so I'm horribly sore this morning. We went on our morning walk, I forced them to clean their toy room and on top of all that I had a very busy communications day. There were emails and etsy convos all day. In fact they started while I was blogging yesterday morning and I answered my last one right before bed.

So let's start with the first one shall we. A few days ago I got a request from a stylists assistant for the loan of a few pieces for a magazine shoot. After I responded to the request, I heard nothing back, until yesterday morning when I got a confirmation about the dates with none of my questions answered. So I responded to all the folks that were cc'd in the email and was promptly answered by someone else. So early yesterday I sent off a couple of pieces to New York to potentially be in another fashion magazine that will be named only if they are actually used and published, because that's how I roll.

I won't go into all the other emails and communications, because I have one last sneak peek of the new mask to show you. This is just the beginning of my adding on the swarovski crystals. I got a couple of questions asking if I sewed those and the beads on. While I usually don't sew on beads, I did for this. On the other hand these crystals are always sewn on as they are montees, or mounted crystals. They have two channels under the setting to sew them down and they are much prettier than crystal beads which is why I use them for my fancier pieces. Of course sewing them on takes a lot of time and patience which is one of the reasons it took days to finish it. Yes, the mask is finished and if I can manage it this morning I will get it properly photographed and listed. There is a chance I won't be able to because of the reasons that also made me clean, in which case it will have to wait until Monday. I try not to do photo shoots on the weekends as I am mocked by my husband.

Theoretically, I should be getting a custom order in today and if it does, I'll be working on a piece for a costume. The customer is looking for a metal free way of creating a closure for a jacket that laces. The solution, a strip of tatted lace on either side with the lacing going though the tatting like it does in my ankle corsets. I do have some design details to work out for it though and I plan on adding some thin wire to the inside of the lacing edge for strength as it only has to appear metal free. I have a feeling I'm in for a long weekend. I hope yours is lovely.

1 comment:

Bree at "Bree's Way" said...

Grats :) I hope it all comes through for you! This mask is pretty, you did a great job, as always :)