Monday, June 4, 2012

I'd Be Fired

Some days I'm reminded why it's a good thing that no one besides me employs me. While most days I can be fabulously productive, there are others that I pass without leaving any mark at all. The whole weekend was one of those days. Sure on Friday I managed to make up and list a pair of the yellow barefoot sandals like I wanted to, but that's is about the total of my weekend accomplishments. Seriously, that is all the tatting I got done.

On Saturday there was a morning coffee machine incident that needed cleanup and a cabinet that needed fixing was emptied, so I got to fix it. That was followed by a minor ant invasion that just happened to end in our dirty clothes basket meaning I had the privilege of an unscheduled laundry day. Next the children helped wash the cars which was immediately followed by me washing the kids. Then there were many errands. At least we ended the day on a high note, out with friends for a movie and dinner...never mind that it was the third time we saw The Avengers. We had a perfectly pleasant time.

Sunday was pretty active in the beginning, visit to the in-laws, another bike ride with no new bruises this time. Once we were home though it was a terribly listless day. I couldn't think of a dang thing to tat and sat there like a lump. I really don't like doing that. I need to be creating something, but as has become so usual after a brief bout of activity in the shop, it has gone ghost quiet again. I even put up a sale section to clear out a few designs I probably won't make again as well as a few one of a kind pieces. Not a peep.

Here we are at the first full week out of schooling for the child. I hope I can come up with a plan for today or the week. I think I need to make something new again. I have no idea what that might be, but it's swim or drown right? So, dear Universe, please send me a project, an idea or an unexpected and pleasant adventure...I'm ready.

3 comments:

Itz Mitz said...

Do you make garters or garter belts? I have not had a chance to look at all of your items. Might be an interesting idea if you are looking for something new to do. I have a friend getting married soon and a teal blue garter would be an awesome gift- something blue and all that.

Maureen said...

Maybe you need a holiday too - a rest from all the activity, just for a bit! It sounds as though you are putting yourself under constant pressure to create.

TotusMel said...

@Itz Mitz No, I don't make garters right now. To do one right, it needs to be about 24 inches long which takes a long time and that would make them cost way more than most garters.