Thursday, April 12, 2012

Flare

I told you that I hoped to start today off in a better mood and behold, I have...a much better mood. As is often the case, I overplayed those things that were to surely ruin the day. In fact the daughter's visit to the doctor was quite enjoyable especially since she needed no shots this go around. Then I got her all registered for kindergarten through our virtual school and we ran a few errands and went out to lunch, but what really kicked the day back into the positive column was the mail.

 I got in my copy of Flare Magazine in the mail. I assume anyone reading this from Canada actually knows what that is, but for everyone else, it's a Canadian Fashion magazine and that is the magazine which used a couple of my masks for a photo shoot titled Amazing Lace. This one here is my 'Between the Stars' mask made with black and hand dyed blue thread.











Then we have my first mask design, 'As The World Falls Down' in black.

Now, I'll be honest I was a little surprised by the styling. I somehow expected a dark, mysterious lace set. Instead this is light, bright and I'm guessing pretty darn trendy. I can hardly complain though. Right there on each page is 'Totus Mel' and at the back of the magazine my credit is listed with my shop link. So there you have it, tatted lace in a mainstream fashion magazine. Hopefully it brings in new customers and more opportunities, but even if it doesn't, the magazine was a pleasure to work with so I put this in the win column either way.

I've got more adventuring with the family planned for today, but I do hope to get those butterfly cross stitches done and then I swear I'll get back to tatting. I have imaginings to make.

8 comments:

Crazy Mom! said...

Congratulations! Great exposure!

victats@gmail.com said...

That's AWESOME! I'm Canadian eh, so I'm going to go buy a copy now. Congratulations!

Fox said...

Way to go!! You rock! Another happy Canuck!
Fox : ))

Anonymous said...

Pamela, that's wonderful. Your pieces are beautiful and this recognition is well deserved. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the well deserved recognition. I'm not Canadian so I won't be able to get a copy but would if I could. :D

Suztats said...

WooHoo! Congratulations!!! Yay!!

MATUTINHA said...

Sei o quanto é importante ver um trabalho publicado em uma revista para todo o país. Aqui no Brasil essa revista não circula, mas o que importa é que seu talento foi reconhecido.Parabéns!

Becca said...

Very cool...congratulations!