Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Well, I'll Be

Well slap me on the rear and call me Nancy. No, I have no idea what I just said...I was merely trying to express my shock at the immediate response to my brand spanking new and frankly unfinished facebook fan page. Only two days after its inception, TotusMel Tats has over 60 fans. I'm not going to discuss the weirdness of the term "fans" here, but I am excited that people actually want to keep up with my tatting and the store. In the next couple of days I will announce the inaugural contest for that space. So if you're at all interested and have already succumbed to the 'one of us' call, go ahead and fan the page, of course only if you really want to. I'm also working on a way to somehow integrate my other spaces there so there, but I think it's going to take a lot of time and poking around, so don't hold your breath.

Mask season is over I think. Today would be the last day to buy a mask and receive it in time for Halloween, so I don't think I'll be selling anymore for now. The shipping upgrade will disappear this evening before I slumber and I'll relist those that have sold as custom pieces, since they no longer 'need' to be ready to ship. There are also a few more pieces that I've yet to relist or remake that will soon make an appearance again and the push for holiday shoppers shall begin. If you've been around a while, you've probably already gathered that marketing is not my strong suite. I try to announce things of course, but I rarely make a concerted effort...so that thing I just said about a push for customers was of course all hot air. Just thought I should clarify.

So along with some of the other contest like ideas I've been kicking around, I've been thinking about getting other people more involved in the Wunderkammer. I have thought of having guest posters, but with the speed that some things sell, I don't know who'd be up for a one day deadline. The newest idea is to use twitter to get other people to pick the theme and then populate it with their own picks. I might give it a go in the next week or so and see if it's a viable option. If it works without too much hassle, it could even become a regular occurrence. I find that people love having a sense of ownership to a place, even if it is small. Though, again, it all depends on whether this idea makes more or less work for me...because I sure don't need to make it any harder.

That's it for today, though I keep thinking that I wanted to mention something else. I got in my new threads, the gray and purple. Though that's not what I wanted to tell you. They will get used as soon as I catch up with ankle corsets and all that other stuff I already mentioned. The colors will get added to the custom color list that anyone may choose from right away. I was going to increase the cost of pieces made with the hand dyed, since it cost me much more, but I think I'll eat the cost for now. Still, that wasn't what I wanted to share and I can't think what that is, so I'll off anyway.

2 comments:

. c h o k l i t . said...

I'd love to be a guest Wunderkammer curator, but not sure I could pull off the one-day turnaround...

Keep me posted.

xo

Artsnark said...

be interesting to see how the Wunderkammer experiment goes