Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend

Ah, the weekend. A time to relax, enjoy family time, or if you're us pack, fend off the cuteness of a stray kitten and go to the fair, leaving you exhausted and sore. We're still under the impression that our house purchase will close at the end of this week, so we're packing as if that's a possibility. All the boxes and empty furniture is providing the children with really bad ideas for play time. I have also begun the unsavory job of really cleaning things like the walls and floors, in short I'm feeling a bit like Cinderella over here.

Oh yes, the kitten. We have a nasty habit of having small kitten arrive at our place of residence and cute us into letting them in the house. We have however already acquired 4 cats, which is plenty enough to feed and clean up after. This weekend we were visited several times by a cute little white and mottled boy kitten with a shoelace tied loosely around its neck as a collar. We assume that someone has claimed him, but he just keeps coming back and sleeping n our porch. We really can't let him in, but if he continues we might take him to the in-laws who have large group of outside cats that they care for. What's one more when there are already a dozen getting food and water right?

Then onto the county fair. It was a fairly sad display this year with all the exhibits smaller and even though it was cooler this year than it has been, even the animals looked like they were phoning it in. This didn't matter at all to the kids of course, who ate up all the bee displays and petting the three goats and two cows that made up the sad petting zoo experience. Let's face it, we are not really County Fair kind of people, so we're going for them. Before you ask, no I don't enter my tatting the fair. I used to enter my art before I became a Mommy, but haven't in years. There is no tatting or lace category and though I could enter it in 'other', who would I be competing against except myself and that's no fun. Last year they did have a woman doing tatting demonstrations for a couple of hours and I stopped by. She actually knew who I was from my Belle Armoire piece, which was nice, but this was the first time I had met another tatter from anywhere around here so there you go.

If I get the indication that we are closing this week, the etsy store will go into vacation mode for the duration of the move, which may be up to two weeks. I'm just trying to give everyone fair warning just in case you might want of need something in the near future, get it now. I will definitely be taking down or altering all custom orders to a month wait, to give me enough time to pack, move and unpack without worrying about getting them done. I think that's all I need to share this morning...yep, that's it.

3 comments:

Beth Howard said...

Sounds like a pretty good weekend despite the semi-lameness of the fair. hehehe

Unknown said...

good luck with the house!

Emi

. c h o k l i t . said...

Hang in there, girl - I know moving is crazy!