Monday, June 29, 2009

It's Too Hot

Yet another long weekend is now behind me. This one featured my husbands birthday, which means we watched movies and video games, ate ridiculously large meals and I have consumed enough chocolate based desserts to create a whole new me. So to say I'm not well rested is a severe understatement. Yet, here we go into a new week full of...well, I've no idea really. I've got very few if any plans for the foreseeable future. I am currently making the reward for my graphic collaborator on the wunderkammer and I'm really excited by what she's already shared with me. So excited in fact that it's a bit of a struggled to not share it here, but I shall endure. I want it to have a great reveal when it is complete.

I am still knitting away as well. Switching between the two fiber arts has my hands a bit confused though and if I stop paying attention to what I'm doing things get a bit weird. I really should be remaking a score of pieces I have listed as custom orders, but I just can't seem to get motivated to do so. I have started one of the masks, but I'm pretty much ignoring it right now. I think the heat is just wiping the energy right out of me and it's only going to get worse.

I will be shipping pieces away to have their magazine photo shoot this week. If I am recalling correctly this is for an August issue, so hopefully I'll feel comfy sharing all the details soon. I've made one piece specifically for the shoot, but the others are existing ones. Though I did make some earrings to match them. I very rarely do earrings since there are so many other tatters that make them, but I figured this was a special occasion.

Speaking of other tatters, I discovered over the weekend that the pattern I've been passing out for my barefoot sandals has a rather glaring mistake...oops. Someone finally called me on it, well more accurately, asked me if it was their mistake. So, if you have the pattern, please note that the center medallion is wrong and should be: (4 rings of 5ds, p, 3ds, 9p sep by 3ds, p, 5ds close join each ring together by the 1st and 11th picot.) Sorry.

4 comments:

JP said...

Just hearing the words "magazine photo shoot" is exciting. Congrats on that... not like you haven't earned it.

And don't drive yourself too crazy this week.

Love,
JP
denimdebutante.com

Straylight said...

Woah, would it be too much to ask if there's anywhere I could find a copy of that barefoot sandal pattern you mentioned?

And I take it you'll be telling us what magazine you're going to be in at some later point...

TotusMel said...

I'll be doing an instructable for the sandals but until then you can send your email address to me (check my profile for mine) and I'll send it to you.

. c h o k l i t . said...

ooOOOoo - magazine shoot? Can't wait to see the results!

Stay cool - I know yesterday in my town it was about 100 degrees, and I was in a corset for an event. Ugh. I'm guessing it's even hotter where you are...