Friday, December 5, 2008

Wow!

Normally, I don't keep harping on the same subject two days in a row. It's boring and most event don't really have any more development to follow anyway, but today is different. The tatted mask fame that began yesterday continued to my amazement and shock. First I received a google alert that the mask had been posted on Crafts blog. This was amazing enough, but this morning I awoke to another alert that the craft post had been picked up by boing boing! Even my husband was shocked at this one. It's one thing to make the rounds of the craft circuit, but it's quite another when a site my husband frequents features me.

Honestly, I'm still reeling a bit. Whats even more surreal is that this is not just a picture of a piece that I made, but a picture of ME wearing a piece I made. My face is literally plastered across the web right now and that my friends is something I never imagined would happen to me. Even though my face is covered by a mask and I'm not likely to ever be recognized it's still...wow.

My sales have been brisk as well, either coincidentally or not I've had no time to make anything new or old and I just spent the first part of the morning packing up orders. It's a good thing that the kids are feeling a bit better or I would be having a breakdown right now. I have no idea if this kind of exposure will be long lasting or just another 15 minutes of fame, but I'm sure enjoying the ride. Please check out the links and comment if you have time!

6 comments:

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

That's great!! Hope it helps sales!

Heather

Jrahn said...

why don't we all just pin a rose upon your nose...
Congratulations dear sister.

that_rat said...

I think I can see your head from downtown! :^P

Gina said...

Congratulations! Just enjoy it...bask in it...have fun with it.

Waterrose said...

Congratulations! It's either feast or famine! Glad your kids are feeling better!

. c h o k l i t . said...

Yeeeah! You've reached the apex of inter-webs coolness by being featured on BoingBoing. Hot damn! Congrats!